Memo field gets truncated

Hi,

I am storing memos in a Oracle 8 CLOB field. These memo are as large as
170KB and can be even larger. Using SQL Explorer, the memo appears
correctly. But when I try to access the memo in my Delphi code as a
TMemoField or use TMemoryStream or TBlobStream to get the memo contents, I
find that the data truncates at 32KB. How can I get the full value of the
memo in a stream? How does SQL Explorer do it? Any amount of code or
complexity would do.

Thanks
Manan

Re:Memo field gets truncated

Setting BLOB SIZE parameter in BDE should help me. The max value for the
blob can be 1000 KB. I hope not to cross that. So have the solution as for
now. But still interested on how I will acess memos greater than 1MB if
anybody knows using TQuery.

Thanks
Manan

"Manan" <n...@spam.please> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I am storing memos in a Oracle 8 CLOB field. These memo are as large as
> 170KB and can be even larger. Using SQL Explorer, the memo appears
> correctly. But when I try to access the memo in my Delphi code as a
> TMemoField or use TMemoryStream or TBlobStream to get the memo contents, I
> find that the data truncates at 32KB. How can I get the full value of the
> memo in a stream? How does SQL Explorer do it? Any amount of code or
> complexity would do.

> Thanks
> Manan

Re:Memo field gets truncated