COM-server - License info not found?

Hello,

i have created a COM server that runs as COM plugin in office. Now i need to
communicate between the office applications using my COM server.

So i have tried to get my COM sever from within VBA:

  set mysvr = GetObject(Class:="mylib.MyAddIn")

"GetObject" is the same as "GetActiveOLEObject" in Delphi.

When this line is executed i get an error message "Licence information not
found". When i CREATE a new instance of this server it works but then all
internal variables ar 0, nil and "".

Ho do i have to create my COM server to connect to the running instance and
avoid this message? Currently i am creating the server:

  TMyAddInFactory.Create(ComServer, TMyAddIn, Class_MyAddIn,
ciSingleInstance, tmApartment);

Or is it possible to provide the needed licence info using Delphi?

TIA;
Ralf

Re:COM-server - License info not found?

"Ralf Kaiser" <ralf-kai...@eurobrief.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hello,

> i have created a COM server that runs as COM plugin in office. Now i need
> communicate between the office applications using my COM server.

Hello,

i have forgotten to say : the server is a DLL!

ciao,
Ralf

Re:COM-server - License info not found?

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:19:17 +0100, "Ralf Kaiser"

<ralf-kai...@eurobrief.de> wrote:
>Hello,

>i have created a COM server that runs as COM plugin in office. Now i need to
>communicate between the office applications using my COM server.

>Or is it possible to provide the needed licence info using Delphi?

Recreate the COM server so that it does not need a licence. With
activated licence always have to provide a LIC file if you use the
server in a programming einvironment as inside a script interpreter.

Regards from Germany

Franz-Leo

"Franz-Leo Chomse" <franz-leo.cho...@samac.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:19:17 +0100, "Ralf Kaiser"
> <ralf-kai...@eurobrief.de> wrote:

> >Or is it possible to provide the needed licence info using Delphi?

> Recreate the COM server so that it does not need a licence. With
> activated licence always have to provide a LIC file if you use the
> server in a programming einvironment as inside a script interpreter.

Hello,

meanwhile i found out that this license-error-message was simply wrong. Ther
was no license file needed, the server was not registered in the "Running
Objects Table" (ROT). It hab nothing todo with a license file, even if the
error message said so. :-(

ciao,
Ralf

Other Threads