Deriving frames based on my own frames

Deriving a new frame-class from TFrame works fine:
    TFrame1 = class(TFrame)
But when I make a new frame-class and change the parent-class to my new
frame-class, I get errors:
    TFrame2 = class(TFrame1)

Compile-time everything works fine.

The errors I get on running the code are like:
Exception EReadError in module Project.exe at 00010643. Error reading
Frame1.TabOrder: Property does not exist.

As I've closed the project I also get errors on reopening the project, like:
Error reading TFrame2.Taborder: Property does not exist. Ignore the error an
continue? NOTE: Ignoring the error may cause components to be deleted or
property values to be lost.

Does anybody knows how I can derive frames based on my own frames without
these kind of problems ?

Re:Deriving frames based on my own frames

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:52:42 +0100, "Peter Overweel"

>Deriving a new frame-class from TFrame works fine:
>    TFrame1 = class(TFrame)
>But when I make a new frame-class and change the parent-class to my new
>frame-class, I get errors:
>    TFrame2 = class(TFrame1)

>The errors I get on running the code are like:
>Exception EReadError in module Project.exe at 00010643. Error reading
>Frame1.TabOrder: Property does not exist.

Did you change the declaration of TFrame2 after you created it?

ie.  did it used to be TFrame2 = class( TFrame )
and then you decided you needed to inherit?

if so you will need to get into the unit.dfm file and modify the text
there.

Get back to me and if necessary we can  go through the details.

Other Threads