Unexpected behaviour of tag property

Is this expected behaviour?

Using D5 Pro + patch on a Win95 machine.. if I set the tag property of a
TButton to 127, it becomes 'maxShort', or to -128 it becomes 'minShort'.
Outside these values numbers are displayed as entered. This doesn't happen
on my WinNT machine.

Re:Unexpected behaviour of tag property

In article <392520d6@dnews>, Tr wrote:
> Is this expected behaviour?

> Using D5 Pro + patch on a Win95 machine.. if I set the tag property of a
> TButton to 127, it becomes 'maxShort', or to -128 it becomes 'minShort'.
> Outside these values numbers are displayed as entered. This doesn't happen
> on my WinNT machine.

You have some component installed on your Win95 Delphi installation but not
your NT Delphi installation that uses RegisterIntegerConsts to map these
values to strings.

Re:Unexpected behaviour of tag property

In article <392520d6@dnews>, Tr wrote:
> if I set the tag property of a
> TButton to 127, it becomes 'maxShort', or to -128 it becomes 'minShort'.
> Outside these values numbers are displayed as entered. This doesn't happen
> on my WinNT machine.

It sounds like you have a third party property editor installed.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads