Anyone connected D2->Personal Oracle via ODBC?

If so, how?  I swear I've got all the required drivers, but no go, no
how.

I can link Oracle tables via Access/95, but not through the BDE.  I
get this weird error message, "Information type out of range."

Something is configured right, though: when I log in, if I use an
incorrect login/password, it comes back and sez so.  If I use a valid
login/password, bing, bang, boom, the error message.

In fact, if I log in, whether or not the login is correct, if the
Oracle server isn't loaded, it gets loaded.

Weird, huh?  I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, for a solution today.

Re:Anyone connected D2->Personal Oracle via ODBC?

David Norman (norm...@primenet.com) wrote:

: If so, how?  I swear I've got all the required drivers, but no go, no
: how.

: I can link Oracle tables via Access/95, but not through the BDE.  I
: get this weird error message, "Information type out of range."

This is a problem with Oracle's 32bit ODBC driver. AFAIK there's no
fix for it at this time, although, being on vacation, I haven't looked
at the Oracle WWW site for a while.

--
Ebbe Jonsson, Systems Mangler                            e...@dbm.fi
Key Systems Oy, Helsinki, Finland

Re:Anyone connected D2->Personal Oracle via ODBC?

In article <4ubd8j$...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>

norm...@primenet.com (David Norman) writes:

D. Norman> If so, how?  I swear I've got all the required drivers, but
D. Norman> no go, no how.

D. Norman> I can link Oracle tables via Access/95, but not through the
D. Norman> BDE.  I get this weird error message, "Information type out
D. Norman> of range."

D. Norman> Something is configured right, though: when I log in, if I
D. Norman> use an incorrect login/password, it comes back and sez so.
D. Norman> If I use a valid login/password, bing, bang, boom, the
D. Norman> error message.

D. Norman> In fact, if I log in, whether or not the login is correct,
D. Norman> if the Oracle server isn't loaded, it gets loaded.

I have the same problem and I get the same weird message, trying to
connect Delphi 2.0 to a remote Oracle 7 server.

I use the ODBC driver Oracle72 (precisely: Oracle7 ODBC 32Bit Driver,
version 1.13.0500), that I got brand new from the Oracle Web server.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot.

     ____/  __  /  ____/   /   Frederic Aviolat
    /      /   /  /       /    Operations Research
   ____/  ____/   ____/  /     Department of Mathematics
  /      /       /      /      Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
_____/ _/      _/     _____/   MA-Ecublens
                               CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
E-mail : avio...@dma.epfl.ch
URL    : http://dmawww.epfl.ch/rose.mosaic/aviolat.html
Phone  : +41 (21) 693 25 60 (Central European Time)
Fax    : +41 (21) 693 42 50

Frederic Aviolat  -  ROSE/DMA/EPFL  -  Interne 25 60

Other Threads