Shareware techniques

Hi,

I made an app in Delphi 4 I would like to distribute as shareware. Where
could I find informations about the best ways to limit my program (i.e:
time limit, password to make it full version) in a way it couldn't be
easily cracked ?

Thanks a lot

Thomas

Re:Shareware techniques

    http://inner-Smile.com/nocrack.htm

--
Marko Peric       lonew...@tig.com.au
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~lonewolf

Re:Shareware techniques

> I made an app in Delphi 4 I would like to distribute as shareware. Where
> could I find informations about the best ways to limit my program (i.e:
> time limit, password to make it full version) in a way it couldn't be
> easily cracked ?

 Join the Association of Shareware Professionals:

 http://www.asp-shareware.org/

 We routinely discuss these sort of issues. It's the best $100 per year
that I've ever spent in my life and I've been doing it for 5 years now.
________________
Brad Blanchard

Re:Shareware techniques

> I made an app in Delphi 4 I would like to distribute as shareware. Where
> could I find informations about the best ways to limit my program (i.e:
> time limit, password to make it full version) in a way it couldn't be
> easily cracked ?

The best way to stop your app from being cracked is to limit the
functionality of your shareware version and then have people download the
"full" version. You could try and do this by including a dll, which would
add the additional features, as lonog as all the code was in the DLL, and
not just linked to the main exe with the DLL turning on menus.
The reason I say this is that all code is visible to the processor, since it
must run it. Therefore, depending on how good I am as a cracker, all code is
visible to ME, since theoretically, the program must make it visible to the
processor, and I can either look at the processor, or trick the code into
thinking I am the processor.
Therefore any password system, or code-obfuscation system is breakable,
since it "breaks" itself at the time it passes the correct code to the
processor to execute.
IF you want real security, don't include the code that people have to pay
for!
Rick Hoskins

Other Threads