Font sizes on different screens

Does any one have a sure fire method for ensuring that font sizes will
appear the same on different machines? The problem seems especially bad
because some users have chosen "Small Fonts" and others have chosen
"Large Fonts" in the Control Panel?

Re:Font sizes on different screens

Peter Grossinger  <pet...@ave.net> wrote:

>Does any one have a sure fire method for ensuring that font sizes will
>appear the same on different machines? The problem seems especially bad
>because some users have chosen "Small Fonts" and others have chosen
>"Large Fonts" in the Control Panel?

You're not meant to.
'Large Fonts' was designed by Microsoft to be a kind of virtual magnifying
glass on top of the entire screen. If a user has selected large fonts,
then it means they have a screen running at a massively high resolution,
and they NEED everything to be a bit enlarged. You shouldn't be trying to
subvert what they've intended.

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. ljw1...@cam.ac.uk

L.J. Wischik wrote:

  Peter Grossinger  <pet...@ave.net> wrote:
  >Does any one have a sure fire method for ensuring that font sizes
  will
  >appear the same on different machines? The problem seems especially
  bad
  >because some users have chosen "Small Fonts" and others have chosen

  >"Large Fonts" in the Control Panel?

  You're not meant to.
  'Large Fonts' was designed by Microsoft to be a kind of virtual
  magnifying
  glass on top of the entire screen. If a user has selected large
  fonts,
  then it means they have a screen running at a massively high
  resolution,
  and they NEED everything to be a bit enlarged. You shouldn't be
  trying to
  subvert what they've intended.

  --
  Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET.
  ljw1...@cam.ac.uk

 Unfortunately, I?happen to prefer Large Fonts. And, I designed the
application while using LF. But now, on a machine using Small Fonts, it
looks really bad.

I have looked at Lloyd's Help File regarding screen and font adjustments
in the OnCreate event, but the font adjustments do not seem to do the
trick.

Other Threads