Duplicate Resource Identifire ..PLEASE HELP DELPHI GURUS/GURUETTES...

Here is my problem...I had a project..all was well...THEN I decided to
rename some stuff...Now when I hit F9 I get Duplicate Resource
Identifire in RPCONFIG.DFM (and other files too).

History:

Main app/project named TelProd2
Renamed it to TLrmProd using the save project as...

I renamed the main form from TProd2 to Rprod.

it had several forms...and I renamed some of them...like
original I had one called config, used the save file as
and renamed it rpconfig.

in the TLrmProd (main Form) uses statement, I changed the
CONFIG to RPCONFIG

I did this for each form I renamed...

also, in each form that I renamed, in the uses statement
under implementation, I had
uses tprod

I changed it to
uses rprod

so somewhere I messed something up...

any ideas???

Re:Duplicate Resource Identifire ..PLEASE HELP DELPHI GURUS/GURUETTES...

apo...@aros.net (Chuck Condron) wrote:
>Here is my problem...I had a project..all was well...THEN I decided to
>rename some stuff...Now when I hit F9 I get Duplicate Resource
>Identifire in RPCONFIG.DFM (and other files too).

[snip]

Seems like you have given two objects the same name. The *.dfm files
can be opened in the Delphi editor if you want to compare them.

- Mats
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Argue for your limitations                      Mats Andersson
and you can be sure to keep them                Jakobstad
                Donald Shimoda                  FINLAND 967-7236 105

The Delphi FAQ is at http://proxy.sbrain.syh.fi/delphi/delphi_faq.html

Re:Duplicate Resource Identifire ..PLEASE HELP DELPHI GURUS/GURUETTES...

Chuck,

I've had this "Duplicate Resource Indentifier" a couple of times.
One time the error meant what it said and the other Delphi just seemed
to have got "confused".

In the first instance, it turned out that my project contained two
forms with the same form type-name -  I'd created a form called
"TMemoForm" and it turned out that a third party component I was using
had the same name.

If you can't find any duplicates like that, you might try what I did
that fixed the second one:

1)  Delete all the *.DSM, *.DOF and *.DSK files

2)  Use the Project Manager to remove one of the Forms that's being
complained about from the project, then immediately add it back again.

And if that doesn't cure it try saving the whole project under yet
another different name ...

HTH, Martyn (100031.2...@compuserve.com)

Other Threads