Delphi Components -> OCX/ActiveX Components

What is the state of the technology for migrating Delphi components
to OCXs?  We have people building applications using various tools;
most of which support OCXs; none of which support Delphi components.
We would like a better, simpler way to develop components which could
be used in multiple environments.  C++ is the only tool we have
available now, and it is a bear.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Re:Delphi Components -> OCX/ActiveX Components

>What is the state of the technology for migrating Delphi components
>to OCXs?  We have people building applications using various tools;
>most of which support OCXs; none of which support Delphi components.

        Apiary just released their OCX wizard which converts VCLs to OCXs.
www.apiary.com

_
NOTE: This software is currently in early alpha. If you notice any
problems, or RFC non-compliance, please report it to p...@pbe.com
 \------------------------------------------------------------\
  \           Chad Z. Hower  -  phoe...@pobox.com              \
   \  Phoenix Business Enterprises - p...@pbe.com - www.pbe.com  \
    \     Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure     \
     \------------------------------------------------------------\

>>SQUID - The ultimate 95/NT offline databasing reader

**Special Compile: 3.000A (Alpha)

Daniel Dobbs wrote:

> What is the state of the technology for migrating Delphi components
> to OCXs?  We have people building applications using various tools;
> most of which support OCXs; none of which support Delphi components.
> We would like a better, simpler way to develop components which could
> be used in multiple environments.  C++ is the only tool we have
> available now, and it is a bear.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

If you're interested in technology which converts Delphi 2 components
into OCX/ActiveX controls, you've gotta take a look at a very exiting
tool called OCX Expert from Apiary Software (http://www.apiary.com).

Additionally, C++ is not the only tool which permits creation of
OCX/ActiveX controls.  Alain Tadros (from Delphi QA) did a talk at this
year's Borland Developer's Conference on creating OCXs 100% in Delphi
2.  You can probably obtain the paper from the talk on Borland Online
(http://www.borland.com/bdc96).
--

        -Steve Teixeira
         steix...@borland.com

Re:Delphi Components -> OCX/ActiveX Components

In article <00009414+00007...@msn.com>, dobb...@msn.com says...

>What is the state of the technology for migrating Delphi components
>to OCXs?  We have people building applications using various tools;
>most of which support OCXs; none of which support Delphi components.
>We would like a better, simpler way to develop components which could
>be used in multiple environments.  C++ is the only tool we have
>available now, and it is a bear.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

You can buy a 3rd party 'Expert' to convert VCL (Delphi Objects) into OCX's.

http://www.apiary.com/products/ocx.html

For under $300US.

So now Delphi and C++ can make OCX's.

--