FileListBox question

If one does the standard "drive box connected to directory box
connected to FileListBox" and the selection of a directory takes
the program a few seconds to actually display the file names in the
FileListBox, how can one determine that the FileListBox entries have
been displayed?

I would like to make certain choices visible - but only after the
list of files has shown up in the FileListBox.  I don't see an event
that signals completion of the FileListBox.

--
Joe T. Hall
Lucent Technologies (formerly AT&T Bell Laboratories)

Re:FileListBox question

In article <3124EDD0.4...@marconi.ih.att.com>, p...@marconi.ih.att.com
says...

>If one does the standard "drive box connected to directory box
>connected to FileListBox" and the selection of a directory takes
>the program a few seconds to actually display the file names in the
>FileListBox, how can one determine that the FileListBox entries have
>been displayed?

>I would like to make certain choices visible - but only after the
>list of files has shown up in the FileListBox.  I don't see an event
>that signals completion of the FileListBox.

>--
>Joe T. Hall

Joe,

Having done a good bit of work with these three components in
combination, I'm not sure I can answer your question, but I can provide
a little bit of insight that you might be able to follow further.

It would appear that when the DriveComboBox is changed, the first
OnChange event to fire is that of the FileListBox, the second is the
DirectoryList Box, and the last it the DriveComboBox.  I would think
that you could use that sequence to help do what you are trying to do.

One question, for you (off of your original topic), what are you doing
when the user selects a disk drive that either has no diskette in it,
or is not ready?  Having played (or maybe argued would be more
appropriate) with these three components in combination, the message
received in this case is neither helpful or pretty.

--
Regards,
Eric Drews

Other Threads