Problem with TIdFTP SITE command

Using Indy 9.0.11.
I have been trying to implement the SITE method in the Indy TIdFTP component
with limited luck.
Specifically I am trying to get a 'SITE help' listing from a Windows FTP
server.  The response ends up looking like this:

214-The following SITE  commands are recognized(* ==>'s unimplemented).
   CKM
   DIRSTYLE
   HELP
   STATS
214  HELP command successful.

It seems that the problem is that inside the method
'TIdTCPConnection.GetInternalResponse'
 the line
'until (Length(LLine) < 4)'
is getting evaluated to true on the second line of the return
'CKM'
Because of this, it seems that the buffer is not cleared, and the next
commands will not return correct responses until it finds the ending 214
line, at which time the whole buffer is then dumped, and all is fine.
This doesn't seem to be a problem with Netscapes ftp server since it's
return looks like this:

214-The following SITE commands are recognized (* =>'s unimplemented).
   UMASK   CHMOD   GROUP   NEWER   INDEX   ALIAS   GROUPS
   IDLE    HELP    GPASS   MINFO   EXEC    CDPATH
214 Direct comments to ftpad...@ftpnscp.newaol.com.

Notice the fact that the first line in the return is more than 3 characters,
unlike the return from The Windows FTP server.
Has anyone else tried this and gotten similar results?

Thanks for any help
Jeff Easton

Re:Problem with TIdFTP SITE command

"Jeff Easton" <jeff.eas...@unisyn.com> wrote in message

> Using Indy 9.0.11.
> It seems that the problem is that inside the method
> 'TIdTCPConnection.GetInternalResponse'

Jeff:

I've taken the liberty of posting your message to the Indy Bug List.  Thanks
for the detailed report.

If you like to follow the progress of the isssue, please visit the bug list
at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=41862&atid=431491.

best regards,

--