Delphi 6 Oracle 9i Stored Procedures

I am using Delphi 6 with an Oracle 9i database server and Oracle 9i client.
When I set up a TStoredProc component set its procedure name and try to
retrieve the parameters of it I get the following error message

  Access violation at Address606C26C5 in module 'OraClient9.Dll', Read Of
Address 000000000.

I have not have this problem with earlier versions of the Oracle client and
upgraded to the latest BDE 5.2.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

Regards

Shane Gilbert

Re:Delphi 6 Oracle 9i Stored Procedures

The short answer is, do not under any circumstances use the BDE with
Oracle.
Use Direct Oracle Access or ODAC.  See John Kaster's later post on the
future of the BDE and Sql Links.

John Pierce

Other Threads