ShowHint when over Tabsheet TAB...

Hello all,
How can one display the Tabsheet's hint when the cursor is over the tab
itself? If the user selects the tabsheet, then the hint displays when the
cursor is over the main part of the sheet, but I want the user to see the
hint when they pass over just the tab, before they select the particular
sheet. I know I could probably use some method like the Pagecontrol's
Mouseover event and then calculate all kinds of pixel dimensions,
etc.........

Any suggestions?
thanks in advance.
Regards,
Bill D. Richards
North Idaho College

Re:ShowHint when over Tabsheet TAB...

In article <3b15130c_1@dnews>, Bill Richards wrote:
> How can one display the Tabsheet's hint when the cursor is over the tab
> itself?

The tab belongs to the pagecontrol, not the tabsheet. You could derive a
new class from TPagecontrol, handle the CM_HINTSHOW message. when it comes
in check where the cursor is (use the IndexOfTabAt method). If over a tab
set the hint to show to the tabsheets hint.

Re:ShowHint when over Tabsheet TAB...

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Bill

Other Threads