Local database

    Where can I find an example of a simple program using a local database
- dBase - would be prefered

    Thanks in advance

        ma...@poczta.onet.pl

Re:Local database

What is wrong with C:\Program
Files\Borland\Delphi5\Demos\Mastapp\mastapp.dpr ?

"krzyber" <krzy...@interia.pl> schreef in bericht

>     Where can I find an example of a simple program using a local database
> - dBase - would be prefered

>     Thanks in advance

>         ma...@poczta.onet.pl

Re:Local database

Sorry,

            what I meant was an application using a local database in a
LAN - where only one application would have the actual file of the database
and the others would be clients
- and I don't want this to be a remote database

> What is wrong with C:\Program
> Files\Borland\Delphi5\Demos\Mastapp\mastapp.dpr ?

> "krzyber" <krzy...@interia.pl> schreef in bericht
> >     Where can I find an example of a simple program using a local
database
> > - dBase - would be prefered

> >     Thanks in advance

> >         ma...@poczta.onet.pl

Re:Local database

krzyber wrote:

> Sorry,

>             what I meant was an application using a local database in a
> LAN - where only one application would have the actual file of the database
> and the others would be clients
> - and I don't want this to be a remote database

I'm not quite sure what kind of database you are looking for. Anyway,
the suggested MastApp can be run on a single computer, with one user
only.

Or without writing any new code, you can share the MastApp database
for several LAN users, making it a multi user application and database.
Everybody reads and writes their data to the same database.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Local database

krzyber,

  Databases are paradox, but you can find examples in Delphi/Demos/db

--
Best regards,
Emil Beli

http://www.greenhousemm.com
ICQ: 1878554

Monday, 23 October, 2000, 18:06:51 PM, you wrote:

k>     Where can I find an example of a simple program using a local database
k> - dBase - would be prefered

k>     Thanks in advance

k>         ma...@poczta.onet.pl

Other Threads