BDE Session and windows XP/2000/NT4

When I'm destroying an BDE session in my application, the last action I
perform is removing the (temporary) assigned private directory for each
session. This works Ok for Windows 95/98/ME, but for XP/2000/NT I get an
error File sharing violation while trying to remove the directory. Is anyone
familiair with this problem and knows an answer?

PS I'm using Delphi 5.

TIA,
Erik Schuurman

Re:BDE Session and windows XP/2000/NT4

AFAIK you cannot. The operating system does not release the directory until
the BDE shuts down.

--
Bill

Re:BDE Session and windows XP/2000/NT4

Thanx for the response.

You're probably right, but then I would assume I cannot delete this
directory at the next startup of this application while there are other
applications running which use the BDE. But at that moment I can delete this
directory.

But anyway, I'll re-arrange my code so it will re-use the same private
directory for this application instance. It keeps strange to me that the
following procedure doesn't work:

- create unique private directory;
- create BDE session;
- assign directory to BDE session;
- run application;
- free BDE session;
- finally remove private directory;

Erik.

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill_nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> AFAIK you cannot. The operating system does not release the directory
until
> the BDE shuts down.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Other Threads