Peer to Peer paradox setup on Win2000

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations on BDE/Paradox settings for a 2-user
Peer-to-peer setup in Windows 2000 (workstation)?  We have a Delphi
application where the data is stored on one of the PCs.  It appears when the
remote PC accesses the data it runs very slowly.

I remember a suggestion that the BDE newtork path for paradox should have
the same drive letter on both PCs, or that UNC conventions should be used.
Anyone know of the validity of this and whether this could cause slowness.

Any help appreciated

Alex

Re:Peer to Peer paradox setup on Win2000

You might find the answer here:

Have you looked into Advantage DB? It's free and you don't need the DBE and
It is just a lot faster. (www.advantagedatabase.com).
Christophe.

_Favour Pty Ltd <deleteme_i...@favour.com.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
3b4ac53e_1@dnews...

> Hi,

> Does anyone have recommendations on BDE/Paradox settings for a 2-user
> Peer-to-peer setup in Windows 2000 (workstation)?  We have a Delphi
> application where the data is stored on one of the PCs.  It appears when
the
> remote PC accesses the data it runs very slowly.

> I remember a suggestion that the BDE newtork path for paradox should have
> the same drive letter on both PCs, or that UNC conventions should be used.
> Anyone know of the validity of this and whether this could cause slowness.

> Any help appreciated

> Alex

Re:Peer to Peer paradox setup on Win2000

Try Advantage. Is more faster and more easy to configure.
Good Lock
Luis Taballione

"_Favour Pty Ltd" <deleteme_i...@favour.com.au> escribi en el mensaje

> Hi,

> Does anyone have recommendations on BDE/Paradox settings for a 2-user
> Peer-to-peer setup in Windows 2000 (workstation)?  We have a Delphi
> application where the data is stored on one of the PCs.  It appears when
the
> remote PC accesses the data it runs very slowly.

> I remember a suggestion that the BDE newtork path for paradox should have
> the same drive letter on both PCs, or that UNC conventions should be used.
> Anyone know of the validity of this and whether this could cause slowness.

> Any help appreciated

> Alex

Re:Peer to Peer paradox setup on Win2000

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Yes I am fully aware of the alternatives, and I do have plans to change the
database of this commercial application, however, being a legacy system, it
is going to take a few months to perform a conversion to our new
requirements.

PS Have Advantage increased their local server speed recently, as it used to
be quite slow?

Regards

Alex

"christophe" <christo...@s-dv.com> wrote in message

> You might find the answer here:
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15102,00.html
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html

> Have you looked into Advantage DB? It's free and you don't need the DBE
and
> It is just a lot faster. (www.advantagedatabase.com).
> Christophe.

> _Favour Pty Ltd <deleteme_i...@favour.com.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3b4ac53e_1@dnews...
> > Hi,

> > Does anyone have recommendations on BDE/Paradox settings for a 2-user
> > Peer-to-peer setup in Windows 2000 (workstation)?  We have a Delphi
> > application where the data is stored on one of the PCs.  It appears when
> the
> > remote PC accesses the data it runs very slowly.

> > I remember a suggestion that the BDE newtork path for paradox should
have
> > the same drive letter on both PCs, or that UNC conventions should be
used.
> > Anyone know of the validity of this and whether this could cause
slowness.

> > Any help appreciated

> > Alex

Re:Peer to Peer paradox setup on Win2000

Thanks Luis

"Syweb Informatica" <sy...@xaire.com> wrote in message

> Try Advantage. Is more faster and more easy to configure.
> Good Lock
> Luis Taballione

> "_Favour Pty Ltd" <deleteme_i...@favour.com.au> escribi en el mensaje
> > Hi,

> > Does anyone have recommendations on BDE/Paradox settings for a 2-user
> > Peer-to-peer setup in Windows 2000 (workstation)?  We have a Delphi
> > application where the data is stored on one of the PCs.  It appears when
> the
> > remote PC accesses the data it runs very slowly.

> > I remember a suggestion that the BDE newtork path for paradox should
have
> > the same drive letter on both PCs, or that UNC conventions should be
used.
> > Anyone know of the validity of this and whether this could cause
slowness.

> > Any help appreciated

> > Alex

Other Threads