Filtering on Blank Date fields in Database

Hi there:

I want to filter on a Date field in a Database file that has blank dates in
the Database.  Specifically, I want to see only those records which have no
date in the 'Date printed' field in my table.

My problem is trying to get a format that is acceptable to Delphi/pascal and
works correctly.  When I use 'Null' to filter, I get no records shown.  If I
use a Character string and try converting the string to a Date, Delphi
objects.

I'm used to using the Key word 'Blank'  when I used Paradox.  Is there a
corresponding word in Delphi/Pascal?

What should I use to filter so I can only see records with a blank Print date?

Help!!

Thanks in Advance!

Tom Nesler