Master/Detail in obj insp.

Does setting the Master/Detail in the Object Inspector work using Pdox
tables?  I have always set it in the code but decided to try and use the
object inspector and no-matter what I try, it wont relate to the child
file.  Is the a bug?  I am using Delphi III c/s.

Re:Master/Detail in obj insp.

If you are talking about setting the child table's MasterSource and
MasterFields properties the only way I have ever done it is in the Object
Inspector and it has worked every time with Paradox tables.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Master/Detail in obj insp.

I am sorry but my previous question was not very clear.  I am able to get the
M/D to work as is but still have a problem.

I have a Master/Detail table relationship.  I also have a navigator for the
detail file.  When I attempt to update the detail table an exception is
raised that states the exception class EDBEngine Error with message 'Index
is Read only and the process is stopped.

I am using D3 c/s with Pdox tables

Larry Killen, Programmer III
TRW Systems Integration Group
serving the Centers for Disease Control
so they may better serve you.
(404) 639-4952 wk.
(770) 932-9169 hm.

mos...@mindspring.com
l...@cdc.gov
kill...@scis.nova.edu
http://www.mindspring.com/~mosiah

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> If you are talking about setting the child table's MasterSource and
> MasterFields properties the only way I have ever done it is in the Object
> Inspector and it has worked every time with Paradox tables.

> --
> Bill Todd
> (Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
> (Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:Master/Detail in obj insp.

There are two possibilities I can think of.

1. Somehow one of the index files (.px, .x??, .y??) got its read only
attribute set.

2. The table has a non-maintained secondary index.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Master/Detail in obj insp.

> have a Master/Detail table relationship.  I also have a navigator for the
>detail file.  When I attempt to update the detail table an exception is
>raised that states the exception class EDBEngine Error with message 'Index
>is Read only and the process is stopped.

Is the index of the detail table maintained?  If it isn't then the detail table
will be readonly.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com