pop3 component usage

Hi,

I'm kind of new to delphi programming, so I hope somebody can give
me clear example of how to solve the following,

I'm using the tpop3cli component of francois piette  to retrieve mail. I
first connect using tpop3cli.connect. I use the on change event to see
wheter tpop3cli.protocolstate = pop3waitinguser, when this is true
I issue tpop3cli.user ; then however an exception gets raised indicating
that the pop3 component is not ready. The same happens each time
when I try to issue another command. How can I solve this, do I need
to put some delay (how do i do that ?) between the commands ?

I appreciate any help as I'm trying to implement this component
in an exam-project which I'm writing for my university.

Re:pop3 component usage

Paul Cauberg wrote in message ...

<snip>

>I'm using the tpop3cli component of francois piette  to retrieve mail. I
>first connect using tpop3cli.connect. I use the on change event to see
>wheter tpop3cli.protocolstate = pop3waitinguser, when this is true
>I issue tpop3cli.user ; then however an exception gets raised indicating
>that the pop3 component is not ready. The same happens each time
>when I try to issue another command. How can I solve this, do I need
>to put some delay (how do i do that ?) between the commands ?

>I appreciate any help as I'm trying to implement this component
>in an exam-project which I'm writing for my university.

Paul, the best place to ask for help on Francois' components on the ICS
mailing list. You can subscribe by seding a message to Majord...@rtfm.be
with the body message

subscribe twsocket

Francois will be able to help you out more.

--
Jason Paul McCartan
MindShift Design

Home to the PBM/PBeM Developers Webring