Bullet proofing my client/server using Indy.

I want to "bullet proof" my application.

Server side: is there a way to check/verify that all my clients (I have
around 10 clients connected and I have to dispatch them some messages a bit
in irc way) are all connected ? I mean using an other way than pinging all
my clients... Some hidden methods I didn't find ? I did some test and if a
client is disconnected without sending a message to the server, the server
is apparently not aware of the disconnection.

Client side: can a client loose his connection to the server (even in a LAN)
? If the answer is yes, how can I find out the client lost the connection in
order to reconnect it immediatly ?

TIA for any useful information.

Re:Bullet proofing my client/server using Indy.

"Wallace Gromit" <lama...@yahoo.com.no.spam> wrote in message

> I want to "bullet proof" my application.

> Server side: is there a way to check/verify that all my clients (I have
> around 10 clients connected and I have to dispatch them some messages a
bit
> in irc way) are all connected ? I mean using an other way than pinging all
> my clients... Some hidden methods I didn't find ? I did some test and if a
> client is disconnected without sending a message to the server, the server
> is apparently not aware of the disconnection.

Check the Chat demo for ideas on this.

> Client side: can a client loose his connection to the server (even in a
LAN)
> ? If the answer is yes, how can I find out the client lost the connection
in
> order to reconnect it immediatly ?

OnDisconnect of TidTCPClient

/A.

lama...@yahoo.com.no.spam (Wallace Gromit) wrote in <3ae2ced0$1_1@dnews>:

>Server side: is there a way to check/verify that all my clients (I have

>Client side: can a client loose his connection to the server (even in a LAN)

If you are in a blocking call reading or writing, an exception will be
raised. This is for both ends.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Other Threads