New game article : Computer Animation : Double and triple-buffering

Hi,

    I'm the author of Armagammon, a new game engine being developed for
Delphi.

    Our website has a game programming article : "Computer animation :
double and triple buffering", which explains what page flipping is, how
monitors work, and how it affects double and triple-buiffering schemes. A
must-read. You
can all read it at
http://members.xoom.com/armagammon/tutorial1/buffering.htm

Regards,
Dominic Filion
http://members.xoom.com/armagammon/

Re:New game article : Computer Animation : Double and triple-buffering

When you do page flipping does that require directx or something like that?
Does the call actually do bank switching?
Davie
"D. Filion" wrote:
> Hi,

>     I'm the author of Armagammon, a new game engine being developed for
> Delphi.

>     Our website has a game programming article : "Computer animation :
> double and triple buffering", which explains what page flipping is, how
> monitors work, and how it affects double and triple-buiffering schemes. A
> must-read. You
> can all read it at
> http://members.xoom.com/armagammon/tutorial1/buffering.htm

> Regards,