Drop table: Parameter is not set in query string

hello

In my Delphi 5.0 application  I execute a drop table sql statement through a
Tquery component. The name of the table is : '???Table1'. I get the error:
'Parameter not set in query string'. I have remembered to use brackets, so
it looks like this:
Query1.SQL.add( Drop table [???Table1])
Query1.ExecSQL

I only have a problem when the table name begins with '?' and it is only
through Delphi. In the Sql Query Analyzer for MSSQL 2000 there is no
problem.

Hope somebody can help me...

Anders

Re:Drop table: Parameter is not set in query string

Looks like one of those weird BDE problems. I really think you should not
name your tables begining with ? anyway.

--
Adroit Software Ltd
------------------------------

"ANDERS ERIKSEN" <anders.erik...@get2net.dk> wrote in message

> hello

> In my Delphi 5.0 application  I execute a drop table sql statement through
> Tquery component. The name of the table is : '???Table1'. I get the error:
> 'Parameter not set in query string'. I have remembered to use brackets, so
> it looks like this:
> Query1.SQL.add( Drop table [???Table1])
> Query1.ExecSQL

> I only have a problem when the table name begins with '?' and it is only
> through Delphi. In the Sql Query Analyzer for MSSQL 2000 there is no
> problem.

> Hope somebody can help me...

> Anders

Re:Drop table: Parameter is not set in query string

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:04:24 +0200, "ANDERS ERIKSEN"

<anders.erik...@get2net.dk> wrote:
>In my Delphi 5.0 application  I execute a drop table sql statement through a
>Tquery component. The name of the table is : '???Table1'. I get the error:
>'Parameter not set in query string'. I have remembered to use brackets, so
>it looks like this:
>Query1.SQL.add( Drop table [???Table1])
>Query1.ExecSQL

Try to set the ParamCheck property of the query to FALSE.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                                          Software Engineer
Quest Software Canada                       Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: marc.scheu...@quest.com                      http://www.quest.com

Other Threads