AV when showing Oracle's package stored procedure parameters

Hi

When I try to use TStoredProc component with an Oracle package stored
procedure, I have "Access violation in "OraClient8.dll.." error. I have
TStoredProc.StoredProcName:= PACKAGE_NAME.PROCEDURE_NAME and the Oracle
package owned by the same schema I've logged in. The only way to set the
params is to open the form as text and set the params manualy. After that
procedure can be executed.
I can't believe that there is no other way to do this - it seems, that
Borland have done a lot in direction of integration of Delphi with newest
Oracle features. So maybe the problem is my, but what is wrong?
I have Delphi 5.01, BDE 5.11, Oracle 8.1.7 Client and Oracle 8.1.6 Server.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Danail

Re:AV when showing Oracle's package stored procedure parameters

I think it's a BDE/Oracle 8.1.7 incompatibility problem because the same
code works *just fine* with Oracle 7.3.4.

The workaround I found was to put the package owner SCHEMA_NAME in front
of the PACKAGE_NAME.PROCEDURE_NAME.

Hope it helps,
Arik

Danail Traichev wrote:

> Hi

> When I try to use TStoredProc component with an Oracle package stored
> procedure, I have "Access violation in "OraClient8.dll.." error. I have
> TStoredProc.StoredProcName:= PACKAGE_NAME.PROCEDURE_NAME and the Oracle
> package owned by the same schema I've logged in. The only way to set the
> params is to open the form as text and set the params manualy. After that
> procedure can be executed.
> I can't believe that there is no other way to do this - it seems, that
> Borland have done a lot in direction of integration of Delphi with newest
> Oracle features. So maybe the problem is my, but what is wrong?
> I have Delphi 5.01, BDE 5.11, Oracle 8.1.7 Client and Oracle 8.1.6 Server.

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> Danail

Other Threads