Newbie: a Date with MSSQL 6.5

Hi
I am unable to insert a date with BDE 5.0 in a MSSQL 6,5 database
in a DATETIME field.
The machine is NT 4.0 sp3 Server
With Database Desktop I have tried all the possible format (h.m.s d/m/y
or
m/d/y) I always got the error "Failed conversion from string to
Datetime"

May anyone give me some tips?

Many thanks!

Nicola

--
I.T. LOGISTICA S.r.L.
via VIII Marzo 57 43044 Collecchio (PR) ITALY

Re:Newbie: a Date with MSSQL 6.5

You need to use quotes or remove quotes with this problem the oposite will
work, sorry i cant remember which way.

If use use paramitized queries it makes life easier with dates

Godd Luck

Fred

Nicola Farina <paog...@tin.it> wrote in article
<369B1F21.5F54...@tin.it>...

> Hi
> I am unable to insert a date with BDE 5.0 in a MSSQL 6,5 database
> in a DATETIME field.
> The machine is NT 4.0 sp3 Server
> With Database Desktop I have tried all the possible format (h.m.s d/m/y
> or
> m/d/y) I always got the error "Failed conversion from string to
> Datetime"

> May anyone give me some tips?

> Many thanks!

> Nicola

> --
> I.T. LOGISTICA S.r.L.
> via VIII Marzo 57 43044 Collecchio (PR) ITALY

Re:Newbie: a Date with MSSQL 6.5

To set the value of a field in an open query, use this....

FieldByName('MyDateField').AsDateTime := encodeDate(1998, 01, 31);

The values for the encodeDate routine could be plucked by Delphi, from your
string using StrToDate, and setting your global date format string
accordingly.

When running a query, you can specify a date as a criteria like this.....

with Query1 do
begin
    SQL.Lines.Add('Select * from MyTable Where');
    SQL.Lines.Add('StartDate = :ddate');
    ParamByName('ddate').AsDateTime := encodeDate(1998, 01, 31);
    try
        Open;
        <do some stuff>
    finally
        Close;

Hope this helps.

Paul Chapman

Nicola Farina wrote in message <369B1F21.5F54...@tin.it>...
>Hi
>I am unable to insert a date with BDE 5.0 in a MSSQL 6,5 database
>in a DATETIME field.
>The machine is NT 4.0 sp3 Server
>With Database Desktop I have tried all the possible format (h.m.s d/m/y
>or
>m/d/y) I always got the error "Failed conversion from string to
>Datetime"

>May anyone give me some tips?

>Many thanks!

>Nicola

>--
>I.T. LOGISTICA S.r.L.
>via VIII Marzo 57 43044 Collecchio (PR) ITALY

Other Threads