Problem with table updates in a multi-user environment

I have made a small program in C++ Builder 5 that keeps records of clients
using a big DBase III table for records, as well as 3 small ones for some
dbcomboboxes.
The program works in a multi-user environment, meaning that there are 4
instances of the program in 4 different workstations, all using the same
tables.
The problem is that, when the tables update from one station, changes are
not reflected in the table files at once, and the other stations cannot
read them. I have made every possible (in my knowledge) change, such as
refreshing or closing and reopening the tables, but there was no change in
this behaviour. The program flushes its buffers as soon as it is closed
though, and the changes become visible. The table files have the same
timestamp for as long as the program is running, and it is clear that the
files are not updated.
Can someone give me an advice on this?

Thanx in advance
Kostas Papadimakis

Re:Problem with table updates in a multi-user environment

Maybe:
If you're using CachedUpdates, use ApplyUpdates.
Dragos

"Dragos Chioran" <blac...@xnet.ro> wrote:
>Maybe:
>If you're using CachedUpdates, use ApplyUpdates.
>Dragos

I started using CachedUpdates (and ApplyUpdates), but then changed to not use them, in an effort to solve the problem. Nothing changed ..

Thanx anyway
Kostas

Other Threads