BDE unable to read Oracle BLOB fields with size greater than 8191 bytes

Oracle BLOB fields and Borland SQL link driver. Bug already submitted to
Borland on 06/29/00 with case reference number 440958.
When retrieving data sizes from 8192 bytes or more the blob field
(ftOraBlob) contains a surplus byte at byte 8193. The byte at 8192 is
duplicated.
This has been tested with BDE 5.1.0 and BDE 5.1.1 and Oracle 8i Client
Version 8.1.5.
The bug can be reproduced with Delphi 3 CS and Delphi 5 Enterprise.
Are there any workarounds. Please help.

Re:BDE unable to read Oracle BLOB fields with size greater than 8191 bytes

Oracle BLOB fields and Borland SQL link driver. Bug already submitted to
Borland on 06/29/00 with case reference number 440958.
When retrieving data sizes from 8192 bytes or more the blob field
(ftOraBlob) contains a surplus byte at byte 8193. The byte at 8192 is
duplicated.
This has been tested with BDE 5.1.0 and BDE 5.1.1 and Oracle 8i Client
Version 8.1.5.
The bug can be reproduced with Delphi 3 CS and Delphi 5 Enterprise.
Are there any workarounds. Please help.

Re:BDE unable to read Oracle BLOB fields with size greater than 8191 bytes

Hello,

One year ago I got the same problem, I tryes with the borland support but at
this moment they said that this is a known bug, same response to any blob
issue in Oracle. If I don't remember bad I was using BDE 5.0 and Oracle
8..0.5. In some how the let me wait next BDE and Oracle 8.1. But when they
were available the error remains.

My only workarround was to directly develop an OCI class to retrieve the
Blob :(((

I must say in any case that with the same app, in one installed machine (the
server) It seems to not have the problem. Completely surprised I tryed to
find out whats going out but found nothing. So I think I was doing something
bad in that case.

If they give you any solution please tell it to us (to me please) because
the OCI solution doesn't allow us to use the DBMemo, DBGraphic, etc.

Regards

    Luis.

"Stefan Eder" <s.e...@recos.de> escribi en el mensaje

> Oracle BLOB fields and Borland SQL link driver. Bug already submitted to
> Borland on 06/29/00 with case reference number 440958.
> When retrieving data sizes from 8192 bytes or more the blob field
> (ftOraBlob) contains a surplus byte at byte 8193. The byte at 8192 is
> duplicated.
> This has been tested with BDE 5.1.0 and BDE 5.1.1 and Oracle 8i Client
> Version 8.1.5.
> The bug can be reproduced with Delphi 3 CS and Delphi 5 Enterprise.
> Are there any workarounds. Please help.

Other Threads