Delphi 3 CS + Interbase 6.01

I am having problems to implement an application that should execute querys
through Delphi 3 in a database Interbase 6.01
is an error message exhibited in Delphi informing that the dialect 1 doesn't
support type Dates, as I do to correct this problem?

Re:Delphi 3 CS + Interbase 6.01

Christiane wrote:

> I am having problems to implement an application that should execute querys
> through Delphi 3 in a database Interbase 6.01
> is an error message exhibited in Delphi informing that the dialect 1 doesn't
> support type Dates, as I do to correct this problem?

        BDE prior to version 5.2 does not support IB 6 SQL dialect 3.  You need
to create an SQL dialect 1 DB.

        BTW, this newsgroup is for questions about InterBase Express.
Questions about Delphi apps in general accessing IB (using the BDE, for
example) can go in either borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers (for
questions which are primarily about Delphi) or borland.public.interbase
(for questions which are primarily about IB.

        HTH,

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd