Paradox: Table is Full message

We use Delphi 5.

We are using a Paradox table with 589,816 registers, 8 secondary indexes and
a primary index. It has also an .MB file for Memo fields. The .DB size is
about 134,217,728 bytes and the total size is 589,185,024 bytes.
If we try to add a new record, the message 'Table is Full' appears. Deleting
the last record it is possible to agregate the record. Deleting de record 1
(or any other) it's not possible. It looks as if there was some limit in the
number of registers or in the size of the file, but the official BDE and
Paradox limits are far from this numbers. The table is not corrupted because
has been created and filled as a new one.
It occurs using Database Desktop or code written in Delphi.

Any idea about the problem?

Genera.

Re:Paradox: Table is Full message

Have you played with the block sizes of your tables. Setting it to a higher
block size in the BDE Administrator may fix your problem. But you will have
to rebuild your tables aftering setting it. I stumbled across this product
recently on the newsgroups that might be exactly what you're looking for in
this instance,
try:  http://www.bpsoftware.com/products/tbu.htm

--
===========================
Scott Simonson

"Augusto Afonso Losada" <aafo...@ids-sa.es> wrote in message

> We use Delphi 5.

> We are using a Paradox table with 589,816 registers, 8 secondary indexes
and
> a primary index. It has also an .MB file for Memo fields. The .DB size is
> about 134,217,728 bytes and the total size is 589,185,024 bytes.
> If we try to add a new record, the message 'Table is Full' appears.
Deleting
> the last record it is possible to agregate the record. Deleting de record
1
> (or any other) it's not possible. It looks as if there was some limit in
the
> number of registers or in the size of the file, but the official BDE and
> Paradox limits are far from this numbers. The table is not corrupted
because
> has been created and filled as a new one.
> It occurs using Database Desktop or code written in Delphi.

> Any idea about the problem?

> Genera.

Re:Paradox: Table is Full message

>Augusto Afonso Losada wrote:

> We are using a Paradox table with 589,816 registers, 8 secondary > indexes and a primary index. It has also an .MB file for Memo fields. > The .DB size is about 134,217,728 bytes and the total size is > 589,185,024 bytes.
> If we try to add a new record, the message 'Table is Full' appears.

You hit the limit for Paradox tables (only the .db file is concerned)
with the default block size.

A Paradox table can have a maximum of 64.000 blocks. The default block
size is 2 KB, limiting the table size to 128 MB. To increase the default
block size, use BDE Administrator|Configuration|Drivers|Native|Paradox.
Valid values are powers of 2, up to 32 KB, the latter giving you a limit
of 2 GB.

Note that if you set the block size to > 4 KB, the default table level
has to be set to 7. These parameters will then apply to any newly
created table.
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5
Direct replies mailto:p...@augsburg.netsurf.de

Re:Paradox: Table is Full message

Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2k bytes
for a default maximum table size of 128 mb. Valid block sizes are 2, 4, 8,
16 and 32k. You can change the block size of an existing table with a
utility program at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. To change
the default block size of tables you create in the future change the block
size parameter of the Paradox driver using BDE Administrator.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)