TQuery locks up (Delphi 2.0 and SQL Server) !!

We use TQuery components to call SQL procedures. When (if) a database error
occurs we observe that the TQuery component "locks up". That is, it locks
up the first time (after the database error) one of its methods is called
and halts the entire application. We have also tried to create the TQuery
comp. at run time (se below) where the comp. locks up when the Free method
is called (after an database error).

Anybody who has encountered similar behaviour ? Or anybody who has some
ideas how to avoid the problem?

Thanks!
Jan Arne Erve
Futec Oy

var Query : TQuery;
begin
  Query := TQuery.Create(Application);
  ... Set DatabaseName and SessionName...
  try
    Query.Close;
    Query.SQL.Clear;
    Query.SQL.Add(' ... SQL-procedure ... ');
    Query.Prepare;
    Open;
  finally
    Query.Free;