Persistent Objects In Delphi

I have used a object oriented development system that was equiped with a persistent object store. This allowed
programs that have been developed to be quit and when they were restarted would resume at extactly the same
point. IE, all the object are automatically reloaded. The system was also equiped with built in garbage
collection.

Does anyone know whether a persistence object store is available for Delphi, I hate writing routine to save
and load data file within my applications, persistent object would be much better.

Please email me with any information

Thanks in advance

Paul

Re:Persistent Objects In Delphi

On Tuesday, April 23, 1996, Paul Owen wrote...
> I have used a object oriented development system that was equiped with a

persistent object store. This allowed
> programs that have been developed to be quit and when they were

restarted would resume at extactly the same
> point. IE, all the object are automatically reloaded. The system was

also equiped with built in garbage
> collection.

> Does anyone know whether a persistence object store is available for

Delphi, I hate writing routine to save

> and load data file within my applications, persistent object would be
much better.

> Please email me with any information

> Thanks in advance

> Paul

I just saw a shareware/freeware tool to do just that in the BDELPHI32
forum on CompuServe.  If you don't have CompuServe, let me know and I'll
download a copy and send it to you.  I was tempted myself.
--
 Tom Harrison
 Sublime Software

Paul Owen wrote:
> Does anyone know whether a persistence object store is available for Delphi, I hate writing routine to save
> and load data file within my applications, persistent object would be much better.

Check out http://www.mindspring.com/~cityzoo/tips/tstream2.txt for more
info on using TPersistent objects and writting them to the Stream.

Other Threads