Sending commands to a DOS proggie

Hi, I am writing a Delphi program that uses a DOS program written in C.
I know how to load the DOS program in Delphi to run hidden, but how, I
need to enter the correct data into the DOS program from the Delphi
front-end program I am writing. Anyone?
Thanks in advance!

loc

Re:Sending commands to a DOS proggie

loc,

Presumably you want to send command line parameters to the Dos program. If
so then you can use ShellExecute and simply fill in lpParameters. BTW there
is a wrapper to this function (ExecuteFile) in FMXUtils.pas that can be
found in one of the demo program directories.

If however you are talking about sending commands to the Dos program during
it's operation then that's an entirely different operation. Roll on someone
with more knowledge than I.

James

loc wrote in message <358324B3.67809...@sd5.k12.mt.us>...
>Hi, I am writing a Delphi program that uses a DOS program written in C.
>I know how to load the DOS program in Delphi to run hidden, but how, I
>need to enter the correct data into the DOS program from the Delphi
>front-end program I am writing. Anyone?
>Thanks in advance!

>loc

Other Threads