Proxy with TIdMappedPortTCP

Hi,
I was just trying the Proxydemo that came with INDY, but i got stuck very
soon.
I'm not a professional programmer, so i didn't find out how i could handle
the problem that i could only reach the host which is adressed in
MappedHost. May it work if i run a DNS services on the same machine where
the  proxy runs and then assign the MappedHost to this machine ?

Thanks for your help

J?rg

Re:Proxy with TIdMappedPortTCP

I just built a little app with that component.  It was pretty
straight-forward.

DNS on the same machine shouldn't cause any problems.  Realise that DNS uses
UDP not TCP if you're trying to map DNS traffic.

Eric

Re:Proxy with TIdMappedPortTCP

Hi,

I built to a proxy too, with some client validation, like a Cern
Proxy, it's
very nice, now I trying to extend a proxy to Socks 4 / Socks 5, but
I'm not having success.

I think there aren't problem to run DNS and proxy at same machine, a
lot of machines at web run FireWall, DNS and proxy.

Biro

Other Threads