Saving bitmaps in 256 color mode

I've incorporated into my application a small bitmap editor(20x20)
which works ok, but only saves 24 bit color.
After this, when i try to load and use the bitmap, the transparency doesn't
work for me(Transparentmode is tmAuto or tmFixed - doesnt work either way)

So if anybody knows how to make the trans. work or save to 256 i'll
apppreciate it

Lior Shapira
lior_shap...@hotmail.com

Re:Saving bitmaps in 256 color mode

Lior Shapira wrote:

> I've incorporated into my application a small bitmap editor(20x20)
> which works ok, but only saves 24 bit color.
> After this, when i try to load and use the bitmap, the transparency doesn't
> work for me(Transparentmode is tmAuto or tmFixed - doesnt work either way)

> So if anybody knows how to make the trans. work or save to 256 i'll
> apppreciate it

Saving as 256 colors should work with setting the pixelformat
property :

 bitmap.pixelformat:=pf8bit;

                                                        Andreas

Re:Saving bitmaps in 256 color mode

Missed that one.
thanks a lot

Andreas Koch wrote in message

<37B94437....@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>...
>Lior Shapira wrote:

>> I've incorporated into my application a small bitmap editor(20x20)
>> which works ok, but only saves 24 bit color.
>> After this, when i try to load and use the bitmap, the transparency
doesn't
>> work for me(Transparentmode is tmAuto or tmFixed - doesnt work either
way)

>> So if anybody knows how to make the trans. work or save to 256 i'll
>> apppreciate it

>Saving as 256 colors should work with setting the pixelformat
>property :

> bitmap.pixelformat:=pf8bit;

> Andreas

Other Threads