How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

Hi

  A shot in the dark !

  I want to be able to 'encrypt' a SQL Stored Procedure, install it on the
Server, so the user may execute it in which ever way he/she wants.  But when
looking at the (properties) they will only se the encrypted code.  I have
seen that done in a SQL Server installation of a software called GoldMine.

  I  looked in the SQL Server books On Line.  I found a mention to
encryption, but no explanation as to how it is acomplished.

  Anyone that can guide me toward literature, or someone knowledgable on the
subject would GREATLY be appreciated.

  Best Whishes,

  Thanks,

  Joe Hayon

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

Hi,

  A shot in the dark !

  I want to be able to 'encrypt' a SQL Stored Procedure, install it on the
Server, so the user can execute it as any other stored procedure.  But when
they look at the code (properties) they will only see the encrypted code.
I have seen this done on a SQL Server installation of a software called
GoldMine.

  I  looked in the SQL Server books On Line.  I found a mention to it, but
no explanation as to how it is acomplished.

  Anyone that can guide me toward literature, or someone knowledgable on the
subject would GREATLY be appreciated.

  Best Wishes

  Thanks,

  Joe Hayon

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

Create Procedure test with ENCRYPTION AS
begin
    ----
    ----

end

    See Help on Encryption in BOL first though.
--
Sunil Furtado
New Mangalore Port Trust

Joe Hayon <joe_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4b8a1f_1@dnews...
> Hi

>   A shot in the dark !

>   I want to be able to 'encrypt' a SQL Stored Procedure, install it on the
> Server, so the user may execute it in which ever way he/she wants.  But
when
> looking at the (properties) they will only se the encrypted code.  I have
> seen that done in a SQL Server installation of a software called GoldMine.

>   I  looked in the SQL Server books On Line.  I found a mention to
> encryption, but no explanation as to how it is acomplished.

>   Anyone that can guide me toward literature, or someone knowledgable on
the
> subject would GREATLY be appreciated.

>   Best Whishes,

>   Thanks,

>   Joe Hayon

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

What kind of server do you use. I know how to do it but only for Oracle.
Jaro

"Joe Hayon" <joe_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4b8a1f_1@dnews...
> Hi

>   A shot in the dark !

>   I want to be able to 'encrypt' a SQL Stored Procedure, install it on the
> Server, so the user may execute it in which ever way he/she wants.  But
when
> looking at the (properties) they will only se the encrypted code.  I have
> seen that done in a SQL Server installation of a software called GoldMine.

>   I  looked in the SQL Server books On Line.  I found a mention to
> encryption, but no explanation as to how it is acomplished.

>   Anyone that can guide me toward literature, or someone knowledgable on
the
> subject would GREATLY be appreciated.

>   Best Whishes,

>   Thanks,

>   Joe Hayon

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

Thanks a lot Guys & 'Gals?', 'Ladies?' ...

I got it working !  Thanks a  bunch !

Joe

"Joe Hayon" <joe_ha...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4b8a1f_1@dnews...
> Hi

>   A shot in the dark !

>   I want to be able to 'encrypt' a SQL Stored Procedure, install it on the
> Server, so the user may execute it in which ever way he/she wants.  But
when
> looking at the (properties) they will only se the encrypted code.  I have
> seen that done in a SQL Server installation of a software called GoldMine.

>   I  looked in the SQL Server books On Line.  I found a mention to
> encryption, but no explanation as to how it is acomplished.

>   Anyone that can guide me toward literature, or someone knowledgable on
the
> subject would GREATLY be appreciated.

>   Best Whishes,

>   Thanks,

>   Joe Hayon

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

I would like to know how to do this for Oracle, could you give me a hint
were to look for documentation on this.

tia,
Martin

Re:How to ENCRYPT a Stored Procedure

You can use wrap utility

wrap iname=xxx oname=yyy

Then just run the wrapped script and you have your code "encrypted" in the
Oracle.

Jaro

"Martin Brekhof" <mar...@brekhof.nl> wrote in message

> I would like to know how to do this for Oracle, could you give me a hint
> were to look for documentation on this.

> tia,
> Martin

Other Threads