DDE vs. COM

Don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm looking for information about
the old DDE vs. COM.

When to use DDE and especially when NOT to use DDE in application
development...

Arguments, information, links. Anything...

Re:DDE vs. COM

In article <3u4j4.267$E4.7...@news010.image.dk>,
  "Jan Elb?k" <j...@worldonline.dk> wrote:

> Don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm looking for
information about
> the old DDE vs. COM.

> When to use DDE and especially when NOT to use DDE in application
> development...

> Arguments, information, links. Anything...

Have a look at the DDE info page on the web site below. The topic DDE
vs. OLE is discussed extensively.
--
Roger Abbott, RHA (Minisystems) Ltd
http://www.rhaminisys.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:DDE vs. COM

Thanx Roger. It looks to me like a really good source in the DDE area.
Many - if not all ! - areas cvoncerning DDE is covered in, what to me looks
like, a very objective manner...

Roger Abbott <roge...@aol.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:86k1h2$5m...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <3u4j4.267$E4.7...@news010.image.dk>,
>   "Jan Elb?k" <j...@worldonline.dk> wrote:
> > Don't know if this is the right forum, but I'm looking for
> information about
> > the old DDE vs. COM.

> > When to use DDE and especially when NOT to use DDE in application
> > development...

> > Arguments, information, links. Anything...

> Have a look at the DDE info page on the web site below. The topic DDE
> vs. OLE is discussed extensively.
> --
> Roger Abbott, RHA (Minisystems) Ltd
> http://www.rhaminisys.com
> DDE FAQ and tools, DDE Client component for Visual Basic
> Program launcher/setup menu, freeware, shareware

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Other Threads