Setting alias server name at runtime

Hi,
I am using Delphi 4 with Oracle and have the following requirement.

I need to be able to change the SERVER NAME value in an alias at runtime. I
know it would be more usual to allow the user to select a different alias but
due to the size of the system it is not practical to change it to support
this.

If we could change the server name depending on a user input it would get
round this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard Warriner