Hyphens in a DBEdit / DBMemo ?????

Hi again. I have encountered an odd thing: my database application does not
allow the user to enter hyphens into a DBEdit or DBMemo field at run-time.
It basically ignores the keystroke. Even wierder than this, it DOES allow
the user to key a minus/hyphen from the numeric keypad, but not the
minus/hyphen next to the zero key. This is a particular problem, because
our users pre{*word*109}ly use laptops, which don't generally have numeric
keypads.

Does anyone know how to change this (odd) behaviour??!

Regards,
Mark Stephens
Manager, Systems Development
Sullivan Thomson Limited
Wellington, New Zealand

Re:Hyphens in a DBEdit / DBMemo ?????

Mark,

I haven't seen this particular problem, but I have seen other totally
weird things which went away after doing one of the following things:

1. rebuild [Build All under project options]
2. remove the unit from the project, then add it back in
3. remove all units from the project, create a new application, then
add all the units into it.

Good idea to copy all of your code files into a backup directory
before starting, of course. I've had a problem with one form/unit
which did not go away after removing/adding that unit, but DID go away
after some other unit! :o)  I don't know why...

HTH
Dan

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

Other Threads