Help In Putting Textfile in array for display

Please Help!
   I am a public school teacher at Lenore Middle School.
   I have a program that I have displayed several screens at the beginning
to ackknowledge students.
  I have tried to adapt it to where students enter their own name and it is
displayed on a screen (2 colums of 15 each per screen). There are 200
students that I teach. Therefore I would need to have enough screens-if
needed- to display all names.
   I write in graph mode.
   version 5.5
   I also have the program where the students write and it is stored in a
text file.
MY PROBLEM- I can't get the program to read the textfile and display it into
screens of 1-30 names (2 columns).
Can anyone help me??????