C++ header files

If anyone notices this please copy your answer to dincad...@acmenet.net

Can Delphi 3 (or 4 for that matter) convert c++ header files to Pascal or is
this just a dumb question?

Thanks

Bill McEvoy

Re:C++ header files

Delphi can't do it, but there are several utilities that can do a good job.
Unfortunately none of these will do a *perfect* job but it is not usually
too hard to do manual corrections when required.

You may find that many C/C++ API libraries are already converted for you -
e.g. the DirectX headers freely available around the net.

Dr Bob's Delphi clinic have a CONVHDR.EXE utility.  You should download it
from there.
http://drbob42.com/delphi/default.htm

Also try the Delphi-JEDI project for pre-translations of popular headers.
http://www.delphi-jedi.org/
They also have a FAQ about translating header files.

or another source
http://members.tripod.com/~delphipower/downloads.htm

Bill McEvoy wrote in message <6p371i$...@news.acmenet.net>...
>If anyone notices this please copy your answer to dincad...@acmenet.net

>Can Delphi 3 (or 4 for that matter) convert c++ header files to Pascal or
is
>this just a dumb question?

>Thanks

>Bill McEvoy

Re:C++ header files

Hi Conor,

> Dr Bob's Delphi clinic have a CONVHDR.EXE utility.  You should download it
> from there.
> http://drbob42.com/delphi/default.htm

Actually, my tool is called HeadConv (I believe CONVHDR was from Peter
Sawatski), and the accompanying paper can be found on my website if you click on
the link for "electronic papers" and select the "Using C DLLs with Delphi"
paper.

Groetjes,
          Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.drbob42.com)

Other Threads