Registering D7 Architect - Register twice for 2 Computers?

I have just received D7, which I loaded on My office desk-top machine
and my laptop. I program on the Laptop, but sometimes trouble-shoot
while at work using the Desktop machine. I registered from the desk-top
(it has the net connection).

I then installed on my laptop, copied the Reg*.txt file to the laptop,
but the registration wizard tells me "Importing the slip activation file
failed". If I try to re-register on the borland web site it says "The
serial number provided is registered to a different user".

Have I missed something here? Should the key not work on both my
machines? My understanding of the license is that I can install multiple
copies as long as I am the only user.

TIA - Phil S.

Re:Registering D7 Architect - Register twice for 2 Computers?

What happens if you don't register the laptop installation?  Can't you use
it?

-dennis

"Philip Stephens" <pstep...@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote in message

> I have just received D7, which I loaded on My office desk-top machine
> and my laptop. I program on the Laptop, but sometimes trouble-shoot
> while at work using the Desktop machine. I registered from the desk-top
> (it has the net connection).

> I then installed on my laptop, copied the Reg*.txt file to the laptop,
> but the registration wizard tells me "Importing the slip activation file
> failed". If I try to re-register on the borland web site it says "The
> serial number provided is registered to a different user".

> Have I missed something here? Should the key not work on both my
> machines? My understanding of the license is that I can install multiple
> copies as long as I am the only user.

> TIA - Phil S.

Re:Registering D7 Architect - Register twice for 2 Computers?

Seems to work OK, but perhaps it will time out a month down the track,
or something? - PAS

> Seems to work OK, but perhaps it will time out a month down the track,
> or something? - PAS

No. You do not get punished for not registering every installed copy of your
Delphi license. The only real difference registering makes is that you can
access updates for that particular version. You already obtained access to
that when you registered it for the first time. So, I would just not worry
about it.

sm

In article <3DFE05B4.8000...@kolumbus.fi>, Pekka Henttonen says...

> If I remember correctly the ModelMaker has in Architect version some
> real limitations if the Delphi has not been registered.

I think MM 'just' times out after 30 days, other than that it is fully
working

Phil

Other Threads