pls help, my delphi 4 doesnt work on windows 2000...PLS HELP

Because we use version 4 at school, i MUST use it @home, but i want
windows 2000 to be installed...and i always get errors! Does anyone
have a solution for me??

Thx, vinzzz

p.s. pls email your solutions to vin...@home.nl
because i dont always check these newsgroups. ;-)
THX

Re:pls help, my delphi 4 doesnt work on windows 2000...PLS HELP

- Logon as administrator
- Install Delphi
- Use regedit.exe to export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland
- Logon as yourself
- Import the created .reg file

"Vinzzz" <vin...@home.nl> schreef in bericht

> Because we use version 4 at school, i MUST use it @home, but i want
> windows 2000 to be installed...and i always get errors! Does anyone
> have a solution for me??

> Thx, vinzzz

> p.s. pls email your solutions to vin...@home.nl
> because i dont always check these newsgroups. ;-)
> THX

Re:pls help, my delphi 4 doesnt work on windows 2000...PLS HELP

But i always logon as administrator, so with your solution, it doesnt
matter...?!?

thx anyway, maybe i dont understand it correctly?

thx

On Thu, 17 May 2001 10:11:19 +0200, "M.H. Avegaart"

<avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote:
>- Logon as administrator
>- Install Delphi
>- Use regedit.exe to export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland
>- Logon as yourself
>- Import the created .reg file

>"Vinzzz" <vin...@home.nl> schreef in bericht
>> Because we use version 4 at school, i MUST use it @home, but i want
>> windows 2000 to be installed...and i always get errors! Does anyone
>> have a solution for me??

>> Thx, vinzzz

>> p.s. pls email your solutions to vin...@home.nl
>> because i dont always check these newsgroups. ;-)
>> THX

Re:pls help, my delphi 4 doesnt work on windows 2000...PLS HELP

Hi Vinzzz,

on Wed, 16 May 2001 16:43:17 GMT you wrote:

> Because we use version 4 at school, i MUST use it @home, but i want
> windows 2000 to be installed...and i always get errors! Does anyone
> have a solution for me??

You're pretty unspecific about the "errors" so helping you is quite
difficult. Be more precise.

> p.s. pls email your solutions to vin...@home.nl
> because i dont always check these newsgroups. ;-)

Sorry. You can post here so you can read here.

Cheers,
   Udo
--
Homepage: http://www.nesshoever.de            No mails please. Reply here.

Delphi env.:                         Global Polio Awareness Campaign 2001+
W2K.sp1, D4Pro.sp3                       More info -> http://www.2-mad.com

Re:pls help, my delphi 4 doesnt work on windows 2000...PLS HELP

okay, i just cant get it run properly, but i will post a new message
as soon as i installed win2k again...
so, there are no known issues about problems with delphi4 and
win2k...?

Greetzzz

On Thu, 17 May 2001 15:51:40 +0200, "Udo Nesshoever"

on Thu, 17 May 2001 17:52:49 GMT you wrote:

> okay, i just cant get it run properly, but i will post a new message
> as soon as i installed win2k again...
> so, there are no known issues about problems with delphi4 and
> win2k...?

There is. Sometimes a "merge failed" error occurs several times when
installing D4 under W2K. Deinstalling it and cleaning the registry
(remove any Borland/Delphi/BDE related entry) several times kinda solved
the problem at more than one installation. But I can't tell you why,
where or what exactely happened.

Cheers,
   Udo
--
Homepage: http://www.nesshoever.de            No mails please. Reply here.

Delphi env.:                         Global Polio Awareness Campaign 2001+
W2K.sp1, D4Pro.sp3                       More info -> http://www.2-mad.com

Other Threads