BDE config settings to stop data loss

The post below is one I saved a while ago. My question is (never having
distributed a Delphi db Application before)... by making the change as
written below, will this continue to work when the app is distributed to a
person who does not have Delphi installed?

> I have developed database application by using paradox tables as
> datafiles.

> My data alway lost, when my application hang. I try to reindex
> and pack table, but I can't recover the lost data.

> Keng.

You'll need to set local share to true in BDE config.  This disable
write caching and flushes data to disk immediately.  Your previous data
is lost forever however.

--
many thanks

heidi
Please remove STOPSPAM from my email address

   Choose Cruelty Free - not tested on animals
http://www.onthenet.com.au/~tropix/Welcome.html
         Free guide to cruelty free shopping

Re:BDE config settings to stop data loss

Heidi

I had an identical problem which I managed to sort out for good and for all. Include dbiProcs in the uses clause of the unit, and in
the AfterPost event of your dataset you call dbiSaveChanges(Dataset.Database.Handle). I'm not entirely sure of the function call,
but that is the idea: The data isn't being saved until you actually shut down the application. I often ended up with corrupt tables
as well. Try it and get back to me if it doesn't work

Cheers
Pe

>> My data alway lost, when my application hang. I try to reindex
>> and pack table, but I can't recover the lost data.

Other Threads