Record can not be locked because the record was modified by another user

Record can not be locked because the record was modified by another user
(D3, Sybase SQL Anywhere)

I always get the error-message above when I want to go into the edit mode of
a DBEdit.

It's a Delphi-message, but the reason must be somewhere by Sybase.

I work on my developing-machine with the 'Local Engine' or with the 'Sybase
Server'.

What can it be?

Thanks for help !!
Willi Khnis wkueh...@bluewin.ch

Re:Record can not be locked because the record was modified by another user

This is usually because you have some data aware component in the form with
an event handler that generates some kind of change to one of the fields.

Willi Khnis wrote in message <6nf9vu$hm...@bw107zhb.bluewin.ch>...
>Record can not be locked because the record was modified by another user
>(D3, Sybase SQL Anywhere)

>I always get the error-message above when I want to go into the edit mode
of
>a DBEdit.

>It's a Delphi-message, but the reason must be somewhere by Sybase.

>I work on my developing-machine with the 'Local Engine' or with the 'Sybase
>Server'.

>What can it be?

>Thanks for help !!
>Willi Khnis wkueh...@bluewin.ch