DateTime and Money errors with Delphi 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

--------------8783FB3FF27F97C07D69C231

I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0 and
SQL Server 6.5 (english) version.

I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money field.
When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix different
between english and portuguese - ex: 'SEPtember' - 'SETembro') or the
money (uppdating the field), I get the errors:

For DateTime - "General sql error. Syntax error converting DATETIME from
character string."
For Money - "General sql error. Cannot convert CHAR value to MONEY. The
CHAR value has incorrect syntax."

Do somebody had this problem before and can HELP me?

--------------8783FB3FF27F97C07D69C231

<HTML>
I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0 and SQL
Server 6.5 (english) version.

<P>I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money field.
When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix different
between english and portuguese - ex: '<B>SEP</B>tember' - '<B>SET</B>embro')
or the money (uppdating the field), I get the errors:

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">For DateTime</FONT> - <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">"General
sql error. Syntax error converting DATETIME from character string."</FONT>
<BR>For Money - <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">"General sql error. Cannot convert
CHAR value to MONEY. The CHAR value has incorrect syntax."</FONT>

<P>Do somebody had this problem before and can <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">HELP
</FONT></B>me?</HTML>

--------------8783FB3FF27F97C07D69C231--

Re:DateTime and Money errors with Delphi 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

I have the same problem whith NT 4.0 (italian) but, at the moment, I don't
know how to solve it.
I'll get in touch with you if I find a solution and I hope You'll do the
same with me.

E-mail giancarlo.genov...@filodoro.com
    Ricardo Ren Fuschilo ha scritto nel messaggio
<34913BA2.BB74B...@trip.com.br>...
    I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0 and
SQL Server 6.5 (english) version.
    I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money field.
When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix different
between english and portuguese - ex: 'SEPtember' - 'SETembro') or the money
(uppdating the field), I get the errors:

    For DateTime - "General sql error. Syntax error converting DATETIME from
character string."
    For Money - "General sql error. Cannot convert CHAR value to MONEY. The
CHAR value has incorrect syntax."

    Do somebody had this problem before and can HELP me?

Re:DateTime and Money errors with Delphi 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

BINGO!!!

I found the solution looking trought this miraculous Forum...

The thing is really simple... You have to run SQL Client Configuration
Utility and uncheck the "Use International Settings" option on DB
Library Configuration!!! Remember that the problem happens only on a
machime that have Delphi 3.0 installed!!

Regards,

rfusch...@trip.com.br

Giancarlo Genovesi wrote:
> I have the same problem whith NT 4.0 (italian) but, at the moment, I
> don't
> know how to solve it.
> I'll get in touch with you if I find a solution and I hope You'll do
> the
> same with me.

> E-mail giancarlo.genov...@filodoro.com
>     Ricardo Ren Fuschilo ha scritto nel messaggio
> <34913BA2.BB74B...@trip.com.br>...
>     I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0
> and
> SQL Server 6.5 (english) version.
>     I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money
> field.
> When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix
> different
> between english and portuguese - ex: 'SEPtember' - 'SETembro') or the
> money
> (uppdating the field), I get the errors:

>     For DateTime - "General sql error. Syntax error converting
> DATETIME from
> character string."
>     For Money - "General sql error. Cannot convert CHAR value to
> MONEY. The
> CHAR value has incorrect syntax."

>     Do somebody had this problem before and can HELP me?

Re:DateTime and Money errors with Delphi 3.0 and SQL Server 6.5

>I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0 and
>SQL Server 6.5 (english) version.

>I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money field.
>When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix different
>between english and portuguese - ex: 'SEPtember' - 'SETembro') or the
>money (uppdating the field), I get the errors:

>For DateTime - "General sql error. Syntax error converting DATETIME from
>character string."
>For Money - "General sql error. Cannot convert CHAR value to MONEY. The
>CHAR value has incorrect syntax."

The LANGDRIVER in SQL Links Driver config for MSSQL might resolve your
problem.

>Do somebody had this problem before and can HELP me?

>--------------8783FB3FF27F97C07D69C231

><HTML>
>I'm running a Windows NT 4.0 (portuguese) version, and Delphi 3.0 and SQL
>Server 6.5 (english) version.

><P>I have a simple table with one DateTime field and another Money field.
>When I try to input values for the date (that have the prefix different
>between english and portuguese - ex: '<B>SEP</B>tember' - '<B>SET</B>embro')
>or the money (uppdating the field), I get the errors:

><P><FONT COLOR="#000000">For DateTime</FONT> - <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">"General
>sql error. Syntax error converting DATETIME from character string."</FONT>
><BR>For Money - <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">"General sql error. Cannot convert
>CHAR value to MONEY. The CHAR value has incorrect syntax."</FONT>

><P>Do somebody had this problem before and can <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">HELP
></FONT></B>me?</HTML>

>--------------8783FB3FF27F97C07D69C231--

Other Threads