ISQL

I don't know if this is the right group , but here it goes:

is there a "doskey"-like shortcut inside isql? IOW, some way to reenter the
last typed commands.

Thanks,
Renato

Re:ISQL

Press the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the command buffer.

--
Bill

Re:ISQL

It doesn't do a thing.
I'm using IB 5.6 (is it somehow related)?
Isn't there an option or something like it, that must be set in order for
this to work??

Thanks.

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Press the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the command buffer.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:ISQL

Make sure doskey is loaded.  This works fine for me and I am using IB
5.6.  Without doskey loaded, F3 will bring up the last entered
command.

-Erik

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:02:16 -0200, "Renato Martins"

<ren...@griaule.com.br> wrote:
>It doesn't do a thing.
>I'm using IB 5.6 (is it somehow related)?
>Isn't there an option or something like it, that must be set in order for
>this to work??

>Thanks.

>"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> escreveu na mensagem
>> Press the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the command buffer.

>> --
>> Bill
>> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:ISQL

> It doesn't do a thing.

It works on WinNT, but not on Win95 ...

--
Ivan
http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Re:ISQL

Now I see...
No F3, no up/down keys. This 9x really sucks! In fact, I'm using win 98
(which, as a matter of fact, is almost as bad as its predecessor).

"Ivan Prenosil" <preno...@ms.anet.cz> escreveu na mensagem

> > It doesn't do a thing.

> It works on WinNT, but not on Win95 ...

> --
> Ivan
> http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Re:ISQL

It does work on 9x.  I used to run it on Win95 and had Doskey loaded
in my autoexec.bat file.  Sounds like something is missing there.

-Erik

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:33:54 -0200, "Renato Martins"

<ren...@griaule.com.br> wrote:
>Now I see...
>No F3, no up/down keys. This 9x really sucks! In fact, I'm using win 98
>(which, as a matter of fact, is almost as bad as its predecessor).

>"Ivan Prenosil" <preno...@ms.anet.cz> escreveu na mensagem
>> > It doesn't do a thing.

>> It works on WinNT, but not on Win95 ...

>> --
>> Ivan
>> http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Re:ISQL

> >> It works on WinNT, but not on Win95 ...
> It does work on 9x.  I used to run it on Win95 and had Doskey loaded
> in my autoexec.bat file.  Sounds like something is missing there.

> -Erik

It does NOT work for me. Do you have some non-standard version
of DOSKEY or COMMAND.COM ?

If I open DOS prompt window, install DOSKEY, I can use Up/Down etc.
But when I start ISQL, Up/Down does not work any more.

--
Ivan
http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Re:ISQL

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:29:04 +0100, "Ivan Prenosil"

<preno...@ms.anet.cz> wrote:
>It does NOT work for me. Do you have some non-standard version
>of DOSKEY or COMMAND.COM ?

>If I open DOS prompt window, install DOSKEY, I can use Up/Down etc.
>But when I start ISQL, Up/Down does not work any more.

>--
>Ivan
>http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

I understand now.  No, it won't work like Doskey does in a command
window.  There's nothing that I know of that can be done about that.

Erik

Other Threads