MKDIR doesnt work under WinME

Hi. I am trying to create directories under winME. Using TP 7.0, I tried

    Mkdir(tempstring);

to no avail.

I even tried an assembler routine I found. Nothing. I am passing a string
with the value set at '100001' or '100001.DAT' as a directory name. It will
not create. Is this a TP 7.0 bug or WinME problem? thanks!!

Re:MKDIR doesnt work under WinME

In article <91e6fr$a3...@iac5.navix.net>, F.M.Thomas wrote:
>Hi. I am trying to create directories under winME. Using TP 7.0, I tried

>    Mkdir(tempstring);

>to no avail.

>I even tried an assembler routine I found. Nothing. I am passing a string
>with the value set at '100001' or '100001.DAT' as a directory name. It will
>not create. Is this a TP 7.0 bug or WinME problem? thanks!!

What is doserror? Or the returnvalue (if carry then error in ax) in the
assembler case?

"F.M.Thomas" <mi...@alltel.net> wrote:
>Hi. I am trying to create directories under winME. Using TP 7.0, I tried

>    Mkdir(tempstring);

>to no avail.

>I even tried an assembler routine I found. Nothing. I am passing a string
>with the value set at '100001' or '100001.DAT' as a directory name. It will
>not create. Is this a TP 7.0 bug or WinME problem? thanks!!

It works for me with TP 7 and WinME.  What does IOResult give?

Jud McCranie

Re:MKDIR doesnt work under WinME

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:39:46 -0800, "F.M.Thomas" <mi...@alltel.net>
wrote:

>Hi. I am trying to create directories under winME. Using TP 7.0, I tried

>    Mkdir(tempstring);

>to no avail.

>I even tried an assembler routine I found. Nothing. I am passing a string
>with the value set at '100001' or '100001.DAT' as a directory name. It will
>not create. Is this a TP 7.0 bug or WinME problem? thanks!!

I don't have Win ME, but have no problems in Win98.

Make sure there isn't already a file by the same name as the directory
you're trying to open.

Use the sample code in TP7's online help to utilize it's error
detecting {$I-} and IOResult

{Sample code for the MkDir procedure.}

begin
 {$I-}
 { Get directory name from command line }
 MkDir(ParamStr(1));
 if IOResult <> 0 then
   Writeln('Cannot create directory')
 else
   Writeln('New directory created');
end.

Steve
----
due to SPAM robots, I no longer post my e-mail address

Re:MKDIR doesnt work under WinME

F.M.Thomas kirjoitti viestiss? <91e6fr$a3...@iac5.navix.net>...

>Hi. I am trying to create directories under winME. Using TP 7.0, I
tried

>    Mkdir(tempstring);

>to no avail.

>I even tried an assembler routine I found. Nothing. I am passing a
string
>with the value set at '100001' or '100001.DAT' as a directory name. It
will
>not create. Is this a TP 7.0 bug or WinME problem? thanks!!

Are you sure it didn't succeed?  If tempstring contains only the name of
the new folder, not the path, it will be created to the current folder.
Do you know what is the cyrrent folder when you run the program?  Have
you tried to search the folder via Start menu?

-- (A would-be signature delimiter of OE)
Raimo Suonio, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/
Oikeinkirjoitusohjeita news- ja web-kirjoittajille:
http://www.nic.fi/%7Ersuonio/oikeinkirjoitus/

Other Threads