BDE API and C++ Builder5

I'd like to program directly to the BDE API instead of using the VCL
controls. Our program currently uses a set of database classes to ensure
portability between various engines (DAO, ADO, etc). We're planning on
using Interbase for our next release, but do not need the overhead of
the VCL database stuff. I would rather not program to the Interbase API
since it is so low-level. I'd also like to avoid using ODBC if possible,
since it is also very low-level.

Where do I get the appropriate information. If I recall older versions
of C++ Builder included the API on the disk.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re:BDE API and C++ Builder5

BDE.hpp is the header file.  BDE.hlp documents the API and can be found in the
BDE directory.  For Interbase I'd suggest you look at either IBObjects or if you
have BCB5 IBX.  Both sets of components are faster the the BDE and have
components geared towards fast data access.  Both go directly to the Interbase
API instead of the more generic BDE api.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a

Other Threads