Using DBGrid dgMultiSelect Property

When I set this to true to select multiple rows in a DBGrid component, I
can't tell which rows have been selected.  That is, the only thing that
I can see change is the indicator looks like a dot within a 'greater
than' symbol instead of the triangle.  When I select another row,
there's no indication that the previous row was selected as well.
'Shift' + Click does not seem to do anything...  How can I tell what has
been selected?  How can you tell that more than one row has been
selected, etc.?  Many thanks in advance.

Sean McElroy

Re:Using DBGrid dgMultiSelect Property

Clarification...  I understand that I use 'CTRL' + click to multiselect, but
is there any way to multiselect in the normal 'Shift' + click fashion where
records between selected rows will also be selected?  For example, I click
record 1.  Next, I 'CTRL' + click record 5.
All records between 1 and 5 are selected.  Is there any way to implement
this?

Sean McElroy wrote:
> When I set this to true to select multiple rows in a DBGrid component, I
> can't tell which rows have been selected.  That is, the only thing that
> I can see change is the indicator looks like a dot within a 'greater
> than' symbol instead of the triangle.  When I select another row,
> there's no indication that the previous row was selected as well.
> 'Shift' + Click does not seem to do anything...  How can I tell what has
> been selected?  How can you tell that more than one row has been
> selected, etc.?  Many thanks in advance.

> Sean McElroy

Re:Using DBGrid dgMultiSelect Property

As I understand, using 'Shift' + 'Up/Down Arrow Key' will do, but
a 'Shift' + 'mouse click' won't work.

Regards'
Steven
steveny...@microtechsystem.com

>Clarification...  I understand that I use 'CTRL' + click to multiselect,
but
>is there any way to multiselect in the normal 'Shift' + click fashion where
>records between selected rows will also be selected?  For example, I click
>record 1.  Next, I 'CTRL' + click record 5.
>All records between 1 and 5 are selected.  Is there any way to implement
>this?

>Sean McElroy wrote:

>> When I set this to true to select multiple rows in a DBGrid component, I
>> can't tell which rows have been selected.  That is, the only thing that
>> I can see change is the indicator looks like a dot within a 'greater
>> than' symbol instead of the triangle.  When I select another row,
>> there's no indication that the previous row was selected as well.
>> 'Shift' + Click does not seem to do anything...  How can I tell what has
>> been selected?  How can you tell that more than one row has been
>> selected, etc.?  Many thanks in advance.

>> Sean McElroy

Other Threads