Delphi 1, Oracle 7 GPF

Hi,

We are building an application in Delphi 1 using an Oracle 7.2 DB on HP-UX.
When we use the Oracle SQL*Net 2 driver ora7win.dll, we get GPF's, generally on
activation or desactivation of tables.  Simply reorganizing of the code sometimes
helps.
When we use ora71win.dll or ora72win.dll, the GPF's don't occur anymore, but
the master-detail relations between two tables don't work.  Anyone ever seen
this kind of problems?  Any solutions?
BTW, the problems are the same under Windows 3.1 and 3.11.
We already installed the 5.2 version of idapi01.dll.

Thanks,

Erik Broeders
Alcatel Bell Belgium.

Re:Delphi 1, Oracle 7 GPF

> We are building an application in Delphi 1 using an Oracle 7.2 DB on HP-UX.
> When we use the Oracle SQL*Net 2 driver ora7win.dll, we get GPF's, generally on
> activation or desactivation of tables.  Simply reorganizing of the code sometimes
> helps.
> When we use ora71win.dll or ora72win.dll, the GPF's don't occur anymore, but
> the master-detail relations between two tables don't work.  Anyone ever seen
> this kind of problems?  Any solutions?
> BTW, the problems are the same under Windows 3.1 and 3.11.
> We already installed the 5.2 version of idapi01.dll.

I have narrowed the ora71win.dll and ora72win.dll problem down a little:
it seems to occur only when the detail table is on an Oracle system table or
on a view of some complexity.  What happens is that in de detail table are
no records visible.

Erik Broeders
Alcatel Bell Belgium.

Other Threads