quick reports vs. ReportSmith

I am seeing references to Quick Reports. Is it simpler and faster than
ReportSmith? I am using Delphi 1.0.

       Tom

Re:quick reports vs. ReportSmith

Unless you are doing big fancy SQL databse reports in a networked setting,
you WILL want QuickReport! Or one of the other report components, (Ace
Reporter, etc.). RS is nearly useless to most people.
Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Re:quick reports vs. ReportSmith

Quick note here:

RS shipped with Delphi 2 is rather fast, especially compared to the version
shipped with Delphi1. QR is very good, especially since it compiles into
your exe. It is also fast and integrates seamless with  the UI of your
application.
--
Geir F Kiste
mi...@mikromarc.no

Mikromarc Library Automation software info can  be found on
http://www.mikromarc.no.

thomas bowden{*word*151}<s...@atl.mindspring.com> wrote in article
<51n88i$...@camel0.mindspring.com>...

> I am seeing references to Quick Reports. Is it simpler and faster than
> ReportSmith? I am using Delphi 1.0.

>        Tom

Re:quick reports vs. ReportSmith

It's MUCH faster to load and print the report, quite easy to use (though
perhaps not as easy as ReportSmith), and the resulting Report is compiled
into your program exe (not separate report file to distribute)

thomas bowden{*word*151}<s...@atl.mindspring.com> wrote in article
<51n88i$...@camel0.mindspring.com>...

> I am seeing references to Quick Reports. Is it simpler and faster than
> ReportSmith? I am using Delphi 1.0.

>        Tom

Re:quick reports vs. ReportSmith

It's MUCH faster to load and print the report, quite easy to use (though
perhaps not as easy as ReportSmith), and the resulting Report is compiled
into your program exe (not separate report file to distribute)

thomas bowden{*word*151}<s...@atl.mindspring.com> wrote in article
<51n88i$...@camel0.mindspring.com>...

> I am seeing references to Quick Reports. Is it simpler and faster than
> ReportSmith? I am using Delphi 1.0.

>        Tom

Other Threads